Raster's Image and chatting on the moko!

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Wed Aug 20 11:22:52 CEST 2008

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:05:42 +0200 David Samblas
<dsamblasomcommunity at gmail.com> babbled:

as i said before. - it's a clash between illume's and qtoia's keyboard. the
qtopia keyboard isn't disabled - it just happens to take a back-seat to
illume's. when you install apps e/illume pick up he changes and actually
re-evaluate keyboard (because they keyboard system CAN also execute another
keyboards, so if you just uninstalled your keyboard app it's executing it
should now shut it down). so it's just that qtopia (qpe) hasn't given up trying
to create a keyboard. illume picks it up as it happens to have a keyboard
window around before illume re-creates its own and thus it jumps the queue to
be in front. it's not worth going and patching/changing illume to work around
this. what i need/want to do myself is move to FSO with illume/e work and get
full swing behind the FSO infrastructure and work on the UI front end for FSO
and it has a definite future and is being done right. :)