Lock version of package with opkg

shawnzier at gmail.com shawnzier at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 17:29:49 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 01:09:15PM +1000, Dale Maggee wrote:
> shawnzier at gmail.com wrote:
> > I'm using the scaredycat repo and gpsd doesn't seem to work right. Is
> > there any way to lock the old version so I can do an 'opkg upgrade'
> > without upgrading gpsd?

> I think this might be the same problem I'm having, how would I go about
> downgrading to a working version? I'm assuming I'd use "opkg
> -force-downgrade", but what version of gpsd is known to be working? link?

Try using cat to read the /dev/ttySAC* devices and see if you get NMEA
data from any of them first. I have a suspicion that whatever handles the naming of the
devices changed after an opkg upgrade to the daily feeds.

Then change your /etc/default/gpsd file so that it has whatever device
spits out NMEA data.

Let me know how this turns out.