Bluetooth, WiFi and Zecke's feeds?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 20 18:48:38 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 20 August 2008, Christ van Willegen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using 2008.8 with Zecke's testing and dev feeds.
>
> At the moment, I can enable WiFi from the settings menu, but am unable
> to associate with my router (someone on IRC hinted that I sould run
> wpa_supplicant in debug mode, and it told me that it didn't get a
> timely reply from my router (WRT54G). Can anyone comment on that?)

I've never got it to associate with my wrt54g using the GUI in 2008.8 but with
the old GTK image I could get it to associate using my manually created
wpa_supplicant.conf and modified /etc/network/interfaces.

> Also, I can switch BlueTooth on and off, but 'hcitool scan' gives me
> 'Device unavailable' with both settings.

I used to see this sometimes with the old GTK GUI, but it's worked whenever
I've tried 2008.8. Perhaps I've just been lucky. I _think_ the problem used
to be that the GUI changed the power status, but didn't toggle the bluetooth
reset line. Sometimes you would be lucky, other times not. I took to using a
couple of scripts to start and stop bluetooth from the terminal which might
be worth a try:

#!/bin/sh
# Bring up bluetooth - power up module
echo "1" > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-bt.0/power_on
echo "1" > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-bt.0/reset
echo "0" > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-bt.0/reset

#!/bin/sh
# Bring down bluetooth - turn off the module
echo "0" > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-bt.0/power_on