Can't get the phone registered (ticket #1766)

Alexey Kurochkin alexey.kurochkin at pathfinderlwd.com
Wed Aug 20 21:13:45 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 20:11 +0200, Måns Malmberg wrote:
> >> Basically most of the time (more than 9 out of 10) you can't get the
> >> phone registered after the PIN code is entered. This means you can't
> >> make a call but strangely you can always receive calls.
>
> I have the exact same problem with 2008.8. Both before and after I
> started using Zecke's feed. After I had the phone suspended it usually
> register that the GSM is online after a minute or so.

You guys are lucky. Mine does not receive calls at all on startup. I do
not have any PIN, so it does not ask me for one. Moreover it does not
wake up after suspend - the screen is blank. I am not even sure it
suspends properly, cause I still able to ssh into it and if I issue apm
-s at that time it gives me apm: Device or resource busy. Only reboot is
the solution. I saw it register only tree/four times. All when I was
playing with default GPS program, but it may be only coincidence. Qtopia
also suffers from it, but not at that extent - it usually recovers
signal after awhile.