configuring uboot from the phone Re: Debian on the FreeRunner -- now official

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Wed Aug 20 22:02:43 CEST 2008

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 20.08.2008, 19:30 +0530 schrieb Vikas Saurabh:
> Attached is another version of cofigure-uboot.sh. This version can
> 'only' be run from inside booted freerunner (requires fso-utils which
> debian already has).
>
> Maybe, the choice of external execution or execution from inside
> debian be a parameter to the script....but I am just too lazy :)

I have had this code already in the installer script, but had problems
when testing it: uBoot seemed to be confused by the environment,
sometimes it read garbage instead of the first few bytes (the rest was
ok).

So please test Vikas script, if it works reliably for you. If noone has
problems, I’d prefer this method integrated into the installation over
the remote one.

Thanks,
Joachim

--