Testing and Unstable feeds for the FSO distribution are now available

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Aug 21 06:28:11 CEST 2008

> Kevin Fenzi (by way of Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com>) wrote:
> > Just read your announcement about the testing and unnstable FSO
> > feeds.
> >
> > Awesome work. ;) A few quick questions tho:
> >
> > 1. How can we request/test new packages be added to the
> > task-openmoko-feed ? (In particular I would love to see FBRreader,
> > irssi, twinkle and a few others. ;) Also, is there an easy way to
> > list whats in that feed now?
>
> Anyone with commit access to the OpenEmbedded repository can add to
> the feed by modifying the task-openmoko-feed.bb file.
>
> You can see it's contents at:
>
> <http://git.openembedded.net/?p=org.openembedded.dev.git;a=blob;f=packages/tasks/task-openmoko-feed.bb;h=207d48d9048d811a403732e56c0ba743be892adb;hb=HEAD>

ok. Cool.

> > 2. The Packages* files seem to all be 0 length there...
> > ie, look in:
> >
> > http://shr.bearstech.com/fso-unstable/ipk/
>
> Packages* files at the top level are not used.  Look in the
> subdirectories.

Ah, makes sense.

> > 3. Are the feed files in each of the branches setup to point to
> > those repos for updates? Ie, if I install the unstable image, will
> > updates pull from unstable?
>
> At the moment, no.  Mickey would need to modify the standard image
> feeds config to do that.

ok.

I installed the unstable image, and tried to use either the unstable or
testing feeds here, and I get:

a bunch of:
Assuming locally installed package XXXX is up to date.

then a bunch of:

* Packages were found, but none compatible with the architectures
configured

Can't seem to install or update anything. ;(

> -- Rod

kevin