Navit patch for faster map dragging

Yohann (YC) Coppel leppoc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 22:17:38 CEST 2008

Wahou !
That is way faster than before ! great !

So, I can view the maps, calculate the directions, but It does not
read gps data.
I am using FSO, and apparently there is no gpsd in the repositories.

The svn version you are using should have the gypsy patch, but I don't
see any vehicle_gypsy in /usr/lib/navit/vehicle/. Is it compiled it
with some options (like --disable-gypsy) ? or something like that ? (I
don't see any --enable-gypsy ;) )
If so, could you rebuild it with gypsy enabled ? :) (don't have a
build env. setup yet)

Any other way to make it work in FSO ?

Thank you !

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Florian Hackenberger
<f.hackenberger at chello.at> wrote:
> On Monday 18 August 2008, Charles-Henri Gros wrote:
>> gdk_window_begin_paint_region
>> gdk_window_end_paint
>> It's funny, I did the opposite of what you did while working on my
>> own version of tangoGPS, because I didn't like the white rectangles
>> around. I'm afraid that using that method will negate any of your
>> speed gains though.
>
> Thanks for identifying the relevant methods. I modified my patch and
> updated the ipk files on my server. I could not identify any negative
> impact on speed though. It seems to work just fine, panning feels a lot
> smoother compared to the previous version.
>
> Cheers,
>        Florian
>
> --
> DI Florian Hackenberger