Tester please?

Joachim Steiger roh at openmoko.org
Fri Aug 22 09:02:06 CEST 2008

Joel Newkirk wrote:
[...]
> When all is said and done, I suspect the better solution will be a
> standalone single-binary dns cache, but I looked at dnsmasq and decided to
> stick with what I was familiar with to start, and it turned out to be less
> resource-hungry than I'd feared so I may just stick with it if I can pare
> it down and polish it a bit further.

nice work, i like djbdns and dnscache and use them myself a lot (on
servers, routers etc)

i hope somebody can add a nice recipe to oe/om-oe including some fhs
compliance patches etc..

first i wanted to ask how you plan to solve the 'djbs licensing
madness'-issue, but i see he placed all that stuff under public domain
last december.. nice surprise ;)
with djbdns you may not notice this for years, i still have
installations with 4 year old binaries of it running

kind regards

--

Joachim Steiger
Openmoko Central Services