Battery Charge Solution(Not)

Harald Koenig koenig at tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Aug 22 11:48:44 CEST 2008

On Aug 10, Scott wrote:

> The first one that is packaged up
>
> http://hdr.meetr.de/neo/openmoko/battery/battery_0.20080721_armv4t.ipk

thanks for the pointer -- great tool!!!

> I installed but no icon on the desktop. It installed a desktop file and
> icon file in the  correct place but nothing is displayed.

I had the same problem and it took me a while to find out that in

	/usr/share/applications/battery.desktop

changing the line

	Categories=Application;System;
 	Categories=Application;

makes the icon apear (at least for me;).

also have a look on

     http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1718

in case of python (pygtk) errors...

I have no idea what's about the "system" category icons,
if/when/where the should show up.  in my Om 2008.8 setup
I have two more such "system" desktop files:

  assassin.desktop
  qtopia-clock.desktop

any hints on the desktop icon/category stuff ?

Harald
--
"I hope to die                                      ___       _____
before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.",           0--,|    /OOOOOOO\