FSO testing on Neo 1973

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 12:17:16 CEST 2008

Hello,

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 2:14 AM, Rod Whitby <rod at whitby.id.au> wrote:
> So just to confirm your setup ...
>
> 1/ You installed the gta01 fso-testing image from shr.bearstech.com
> 2/ You installed gllin
> 3/ You applied the patches from trac 49 and 50
> 4/ You edit /etc/frameworkd.conf as detailed in trac 49
> 5/ You rebooted after all this

1 - 5: check, I did those.

> 6/ cat /tmp/nmeaNP gives output, including FIX lines

Well, when I test this now I don't get FIX:
root at om-gta01:~# cat /tmp/nmeaNP | grep GPRMC
$GPRMC,100420.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*7A
$GPRMC,100421.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*7B
$GPRMC,100422.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*78
$GPRMC,100423.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*79
$GPRMC,100424.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*7E
$GPRMC,100425.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*7F
$GPRMC,100426.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*7C
$GPRMC,100427.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*7D
$GPRMC,100428.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*72
$GPRMC,100429.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*73
$GPRMC,100430.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*7B
$GPRMC,100431.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*7A
$GPRMC,100432.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*79
$GPRMC,100433.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*78
$GPRMC,100434.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*7F
$GPRMC,100435.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*7E
$GPRMC,100436.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*7D
$GPRMC,100437.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*7C
$GPRMC,100438.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*73
$GPRMC,100439.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*72
$GPRMC,100440.00,V,,,,,,,220808,,,N*7C

That worked yesterday. Hmm, perhaps my external antenna is broken?
Update: I just plugged the antenna in my FreeRunner, and within
minutes the agpsui program acquired 4 satellites and a position. It is
now 5 satellites. So the antenna isn't broken.

> 7/ dbus-monitor --system does not show any GPS-related signals

I didn't know about that one. It does show gps activity:
root at om-gta01:~# dbus-monitor --system
signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=:1.10
path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus;
member=NameAcquired
   string ":1.10"
signal sender=:1.3 -> dest=(null destination) path=/org/gpsd;
interface=org.gpsd; member=fix
   double nan
   int32 1
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
signal sender=:1.3 -> dest=(null destination) path=/org/gpsd;
interface=org.gpsd; member=fix
   double nan
   int32 1
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan
   double nan

and so on.

So the antenna works, but gglin isn't outputtig fix lines. What can be wrong?
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen