comment of an iphone user

Matthias Berse matthias.berse at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 16:46:31 CEST 2008

Hi  All,

I finally decided to post something to this list I experienced today.

I have a collegue I work with who is usually the first to get new cool tech
gadgets. Sure enough he got both the first iphone and now just recently the
second iphone.

After hesitating for some days after getting the freerunner I would show it
to him today.

He was stunned! He said it feels really good in the hand. Actually thats the
kind of feedback most people I know told me immidiately after handing it to
them. Also the rubber like finish, he thinks is much better then the finish
on the iphone.

Sure enough he was blown away by the detail the display shows and really
really impressed by the fact that this is all result of an open source
project.

The boots, well he liked them since he knows... And his comment about the
linux kernel messages: Ah the same with a cracked iphone (I never cared to
look into iphones that deep).

So I think this was really cool since I did not demo much more just boot and
tangogps and illume.

So let's all get our hands dirty and make the software stack rock solid to
make the neo's rock and roll!

Openmoko Team keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Matthias