ASU - out of memory?

Clemens Kirchgatterer clemens at 1541.org
Fri Aug 22 16:53:15 CEST 2008

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster at openmoko.org> wrote:

> > Problem is, your might not have the memory to trawl those .desktop
> > files.
>
> thus my original "write a root daemon - setsched() to realtime
> priority and mlock() memory space down! (and of course read every
> page of memory to make sure it's paged in) :)

from man mlock:

mlock() locks pages in the address range starting at addr and
continuing for len  bytes. All  pages that contain a part of the
specified address range are guaranteed to be resi‐ dent in RAM when the
call returns successfully; the pages are guaranteed to stay in  RAM
until later unlocked.

so reading every page seams unnessesary to me.

clemens