ASU - out of memory?

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Fri Aug 22 17:19:57 CEST 2008

Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:
> Tilman Baumann <tilman at baumann.name> wrote:
>
>> 44kbyte are not very impressive, but they prove my point never the
>> less. This memory is obviously waste. It stays in swap for ages. Not
>> much saved, but anyhow. It is memory that did not need to be in ram.
>
> Tilman, i agree to most points you made in this thread, but i think the
> discussion is moot anyway. adding swap to our FR is easy enought, so
> everyone can do what he thinks is right.
Which brings me to something i wanted to ask you.
Where is the no-overcommit switched on? I could not find it via grep in etc.
Is it a compile time default from the kernel? Or is there some setup
script i overlooked?

Some automatic swapon if swapfile or partition is found on SD might be
my first contribution to openmoko... :)