Several questions about ASU

julien cubizolles j.cubizolles at free.fr
Fri Aug 22 19:18:24 CEST 2008

Le vendredi 22 août 2008 à 17:14 +0100, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra a
écrit :
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 04:34:19PM +0200, julien cubizolles wrote:
> > ASU is finally usable as a phone for me, and I'm ready to use it as my
> > default image instead of Qtopia but I have several questions.
>
> I have one for you, how did you get it to be finally usable as a phone?
>
> I mean what steps did you do, because I haven't found it usable yet!

1. Flash raster's image (found at
http://download.enlightenment.org/misc/) to NAND (couldn't get it to
work on the µSD) according to
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Flashing_the_Neo_FreeRunner. This image
has the wonderful keyboard.

2. Add zecke's testing repository : create a /etc/opkg/updates.conf
containing

src/gz daily-all-updates
http://people.openmoko.org/~zecke/om2008.8-testing/all
src/gz daily-armv4t-updates
http://people.openmoko.org/~zecke/om2008.8-testing/armv4t
src/gz daily-neo1973-updates
http://people.openmoko.org/~zecke/om2008.8-testing/neo1973
src/gz daily-om-gta02-updates
http://people.openmoko.org/~zecke/om2008.8-testing/om-gta02

3. Get the network running, opkg update, opkg upgrade (for a while) and
you're good to go.

> Either I did something wrong or we just have different usability demands :)
Can make/receive calls/sms. Suspends and wakes up fine, GPS working with
a SDCard inserted... I don't ask for much more at the moment.