Partitioning 8GB uSD

Russell Sears sears at cs.berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 22 19:22:20 CEST 2008

arne anka wrote:
>> I'm trying to dual boot with 2008.8 or debian on my uSD but fdisk tells
>> qtopia's latest 20080808 image from their website.
>
> now, i am confused.
> do you use 2008.8 _or_ qtopia?
> afair w/ 2008.8 there were no problems, but w/ qtopia qpe block the sd
> card. some days ago a workaround for qtopia w/ qpe was posted.

2008.8 has the same problem.  It also uses qpe to scan all the data on
the SD card at boot.  This is why it's really slow right after it boots
(eg: seconds to echo keypresses in the dialer...).  I use tangogps and
it wants to index all the map tiles, so it takes *hours* to scan my SD
card after each boot...

-Rusty