Switching Screenmode an Freerunner

Russell Sears sears at cs.berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 22 23:01:12 CEST 2008

"xrandr -q" and "xrandr -s 240x320" work for me (and effectively crash
X, since you can't use the keyboard any more, and illume doesn't adjust
very well...

Also, the touch screen doesn't seem to understand that the resolution
change, which makes using it pretty difficult.  Finally, display looks
kind of funky in 240x320 mode, almost as though it's not quite driving
the LCD correctly.

I have no idea how to get it into 8 bit mode.

-Rusty