Debian Install.sh error when run under Qtopia

Asheesh Laroia openmoko at asheesh.org
Fri Aug 22 23:47:47 CEST 2008

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008, Ganesha Krishna wrote:

> Hi,
>   I tried Debian install.sh under Qtopia and hit this brick wall.
> (Nandfash = Qtopia 08.08 + kernel from the same package)
> --------------------------
> ./install.sh  all
> P: Configuring package apt
> P: Configuring helper cdebootstrap-helper-apt
> E: Internal error: install

I got that error until I downclocked my MMC/micro SD card.  Then it went
away.

If I had more time, I would wrap the install.sh in a loop where it tries
this, and if it detects an error, downclocks the MMC clock and retries.
Right now mine's running at 2.5 Mhz.

-- Asheesh.

--
A programming language is low level when its programs require attention
to the irrelevant.