QtGps for Trolltechs Qtopia

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sat Aug 23 02:25:25 CEST 2008

Hi,

I ported the xgps program from the gpsd dist, to Qtopia (Trolltechs) as there was no GPS there yet
and of course no X11 programs run on it.

It is still a bit crude, but it works, and lets you at least see if your GPS works or not :)

It is for testing like the OM one was for.

Attached is the source and binary, if you have Qtopia, just copy the binary qtgps to your FR, and
run it from the file manager or terminal. (I'll figure out how to package it soon).

Oh you also need to install gpsd (opkg install gpsd).

If you have problems let me know, I'll put up a blog entry on how to compile this with Trolltechs
toolchain.

Basically just qtopiamake, make then copy resulting binary to FR, oh and you need to add the gpsd
client library libgps.so to the trolltech toolchain lib.

Enjoy.
--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com