QtGps for Trolltechs Qtopia

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sat Aug 23 05:07:34 CEST 2008

Lorn Potter wrote:
> Jim Morris wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I ported the xgps program from the gpsd dist, to Qtopia (Trolltechs)
>> as there was no GPS there yet and of course no X11 programs run on it.
>>
>> It is still a bit crude, but it works, and lets you at least see if
>> your GPS works or not :)
>>
>> It is for testing like the OM one was for.
>>
>> Attached is the source and binary, if you have Qtopia, just copy the
>> binary qtgps to your FR, and run it from the file manager or terminal.
>> (I'll figure out how to package it soon).
>
> no attachment, mate!

Yea it turns out if you add an attachment it goes for moderator approval.
It can be downloaded from here...

http://blog.wolfman.com/files/qtgps.tar.gz

Hey Lorn I'd be really interested in your opinion of the code, as my Qt programming is very rusty.

One thing I was going to do was run the gps code in a thread so the UI comes up faster.

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com