Emergency call at boot time functionality (was Re: Windows CE on freerunner)

Yogiz yogizz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 08:44:44 CEST 2008

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 20:56:35 -0400
"Chris Wright" <dhasenan at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/8/22 Lothar Behrens <lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de>:
> > You must have a lock, since otherwise you may accidantly issue an
> > emergency call.
> >
> > Lothar
>
> With my current phone, you can make emergency calls on it, even if the
> phone is locked. It happened to me once. I got a call a few minutes
> later from the call center asking if everything was okay. I'd rather
> not repeat that.
>
> Locks that do not allow emergency calls are good. Especially
> considering that you need to take various other steps to place an
> emergency call with the Freerunner (go to an application menu, choose
> an icon, dial).

Everybody has their preferences. I'd really like to see a second small
bootable image for just emergency calls so there would be no wait.
There's no point in forcing that kind of thing down others' throat but
that could be an optional image. If the lock is easy, I have no problem
taking it off and dialing 112 in a hurry. I'm more worried about having
to wait for my small linux computer to fully boot up while someone is
bleeding to death in my arms.