Several questions about ASU

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 11:24:44 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:02 PM, Alexander Menk <alex.menk at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> here are the URLs for Google Maps in TangoGPS:
>
> http://www.tangogps.org/gps/articles/12-FAQ.html
>
> Alex

I have a curious problem with my FR on 2008.08: My GPS works with AGPS UI,
but TangoGPS and GPSDrive can't find the GPS device.

I checked /etc/default/gpsd and it read GPS_DEV="/dev/ttyS3"

I changed that to read GPS_DEV="/dev/ttySAC1" as recommended by
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_your_Neo_FreeRunner#Use_the_GPS

When I was on 2007.02, GPS worked with TangoGPS, but now I can't seem to get
it done even after doing as stated above.  The default Map application with
the stock 2008.08 image worked when I checked it earlier, but I don't use
the FR as a phone yet, so am not sure if it is still the case.

Anybody has some pointers?