QtGps for Trolltechs Qtopia

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sat Aug 23 20:28:32 CEST 2008

Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
> Jim Morris wrote:
>> Attached is the source and binary, if you have Qtopia, just copy the binary qtgps to your FR, and
>> run it from the file manager or terminal. (I'll figure out how to package it soon).
>>
>> Oh you also need to install gpsd (opkg install gpsd).
>>
>> If you have problems let me know, I'll put up a blog entry on how to compile this with Trolltechs
>> toolchain.
>
> Launching it from the filemanager I get an error saying "Can't open
> gpsd", while gpsd is installed, configured and running correctly in my
> phone. :o

Hmm, can you do a gpspipe -r from the command line and see what happens? You may need to install
gpsd_utils.

I'll add some logging so we can see what is going on. By default it connects to gpsd at localhost,
any parameters passed in will be taken as a different host to connect to.

You could also try running it from the terminal and see if anything more useful is printed out.

Thanks for trying it.

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com