Problems with Debian/FSO

yochaigal yochaigal at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 21:39:48 CEST 2008

First let me say how impressed I am with the script produced by the debian
arm team, really great stuff.
I've got it running on a 2gb sd card, boots into xfce with no problems
(simply followed these instructions:
http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td735065).

A few issues, though:

DHCPDISCOVER runs at every boot, then times out.  How do I disable this?  I
have no problems manually configuring my wifi with iwconfig but I can't seem
to get THAT to work without having it time out.

xfce-panel doesn't always startup.  I have to enter terminal and run nohup
xfce-panel & to get it to work properly.  I also can't right-click--thus I
can't change the panel settings.

zhone works, can make calls, etc but CANNOT receive calls.  Why is this?

Thanks a lot guys, keep up the good work and remember that we are the TRUE
open source mobile community.