Krells!

David Pottage david at electric-spoon.com
Sat Aug 23 22:27:45 CEST 2008

On Saturday 23 August 2008 08:25:08 Dale Maggee wrote:
> If you're like me, you're a big fan of gkrellm, and you always have it
> running so you can keep an eye on what your system is doing. I wanted to
> have a remote display of my FR CPU usage on my host, for the same reason
> - to be able to see at a glance what's going on.
>
> Looking at gkrellm's man page, I discovered that it can monitor a remote
> host which is running gkrellmd - the gkrellm daemon.
[snip]

You can do the a similar thing with ksysguard.

I have debian running on my freerunner, so it was simple to install it, and
monitor my freerunner's process table, cpu and memory consumption remotely

You need to install ksysguardd which is the demon that ksysguard connects to.

I also found that I could not directly connect to the demon, instead I needed
to use an SSH tunnel. To do that, I added my ssh key as authorised
in /root/.ssh, and started an ssh agent on my desktop PC, with my key loaded.