Debian - alsa sound ?

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Sun Aug 24 11:50:16 CEST 2008

Now i got audicious running but don't know why. Maybe i installed a
package which was missing but is not in the dependencies list.

I found out, that the text2speech engines were not compiles with alsa
support, wha i had to install "alsa-oss" to support oss sound output.
With help of this package i can use espeak and flite with no problems. :)

And thanks for the tip with smplayer. It seems i overread this in the
last posts.

But there are two things what gives me headaches.

When playing one mp3 file i got heavy cpu usage. Audacious uses ~45-50%
cpu and mplayer uses ~65% cpu. I think this is a bit high for just
playing mp3, or is this really normal?

The other thing is, that xfce always starts applications in maximized
windows and i can't change this state. I can only minimize them, but not
use them in a normal sized window like on the pc xfce desktop. Specially
for small programs like audacious it is a bad thing to run in full
screen. Even when i open the file list it opens a new maximized window
instead of opening it beneath the main audacious window. :/

Is there any way to let me change the window size like with the normal
pc xfce desktop?

Ciao,
     Rainer