Video on Freerunner?

Tim Dobson lists at tdobson.net
Sun Aug 24 17:05:35 CEST 2008

Leonti wrote:
> Here is the page describing how to play videos on Freerunner:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Video_Player
> So I have some questions:
> Did anyone tried to transcode videos on the Freerunner itself?
> For example: go to youtube -> download video to sd card -> transcode it to
> the needed format(how long does it take, by the way) -> watch it?
>
> Is it useable?
> Does someone watch videos often on the freerunner?
> Are there any new developments for the video playback sinse that wiki page
> is updated?

you tube video are possible on the free runner. though not instantly...

on your home computer install "clive" and configure it to transcode flv
to mpg
then copy across and use "mplayer" and "quasar" from the angstrom
repositories to play.

(tested on 2007.4)

Sorry, i don't really have a better answer... it works. but is far from
perfect...

--
www.tdobson.net
----