New openmoko packages database

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Sun Aug 24 20:47:17 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 08:03:18PM +0200, Thomas Bertani wrote:
> the first prealpha of the site is aviable!!!
>
> Please send me a lot of feedbacks (consider that _it isn't finished_ and the
> main planned features are listed in the TODO section of the site) :D
>
> at the moment the address is http://www.getipk.tk but as soon as possible
> I'll register getipk.net

I'm terribly sorry, I don't mean this to discourage you but I find this site
highly disturbing. It reeks of those Windows software sites where one
got shady software because on Windows it is so hard to find software.

This also has the very strong problem of incentivating worse practice
actions from users by creating an habit of installing from shady places.

Malicious software is also the natural child of this kind of mentality.

Can't you merely make it an indexer to the official package trees?

Please!

Thanks,
Rui

--
You are what you see.
Today is Sweetmorn, the 17th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?