More posts to Planet Openmoko

Joachim Steiger roh at openmoko.org
Mon Aug 25 13:46:56 CEST 2008

Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Am Montag, den 25.08.2008, 10:35 +0300 schrieb Risto H. Kurppa:
[...]
>> As far as I know, it's meant for community to share their blog posts
>> about openmoko, neo, freerunner. Maybe even qtopia and debian on
>> freerunner.
>>
>> Too bad that there are not that many posts: I know that people are
>> blogging about freerunner and software for it so why not add your feed
>> to the planet and get more readers.
>>
>> I have no idea how to do it but I'm sure someone will let us know soon..

quite simple. make sure you have a tag/category in your blog and that
the 'relevant to openmoko in some way' articles are tagged with that.
then just open a ticket at http://admin-trac.openmoko.org and tell us
the url of your xml-feed (for that category!) and we will add it to the
configfile of planet.openmoko.org
you can see the used config for examples here:
http://admin-trac.openmoko.org/trac/browser/trunk/planet.openmoko.org/home_planet_planet_openmoko.org/config.ini

> such a project planet can be used in two ways: For all posts, even
> non-openmoko or non-technical, from members of the community, for the
> community spirit, or only for on-topic posts. planet.debian.org for
> example has the former policy. And there ought to be a language policy
> (english only, or anything)

the current policy is: add a feed of a category, not the whole blog.
that way everybody can decide if he/she thinks its related to om or not.

about languages, currently not., if we have enough posts in multiple
languages we can still think about splitting that again.

> Anyways, I’d be interested to join.

just taken a look at your blog.. nice..
please add a category like Openmoko, tag your articles in and we are
good to go.

kind regards

--

Joachim Steiger