Debian on the FreeRunner -- a few questions/solutions

Michele Renda michele.renda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 14:49:57 CEST 2008

Fox Mulder wrote:
> Another thing is the problem, that xfce always run programs maximized
> which can't be changed. I would really like to use normal windows which
> i can change by myself to maximized state or not. This behaviour is
> shown in the wiki page for manual installation with debian
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manual_Debian
> but i used the installation procedure from
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianOnFreeRunner
> I think this is just a setting in a configuration file, but i can't find
> it. :(

I think is a caracteristic of MatchBox that keep all the window maximzed.

I am using it, and it seem to be good enought if you remember that in
the end is only a phone :)

It you want to change it you have to install xfm, the window manager of
XFCE. (I think than you have to reconfigure matchbox-keyboard)

> And then i wanted to ask if there is a working way to rotate the xfce
> screen like with 2007.2?

This will me usefull mee to... something about gesture?

> For example scummvm isn't useable at all with a resolution of 480x640.
> Also for video playback it would be really nice, even if video playback
> at the moment is more of a dream for the future when the performance is
> getting better. ;)

Yes, I agree

> And the last thing is where i can find the actual state of the
> suspend/resume problem concerning partition table corruption of the sd-card?
> I completely disabled standby because i don't want to have problems with
> my partition table on my sd-card. I found this ticket
> http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1802
> but don't know if this is the right place to look if it is fixed.
> Without suspend/resume the phone isn't useable at all as daily phone
> because i always have to shut down and restart the neo to spare the
> battery. :(

And GPS, is GPS fix in that kernel too ? :)