Debian on the FreeRunner -- a few questions/solutions

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Mon Aug 25 15:03:09 CEST 2008

arne anka wrote:
>> And then i wanted to ask if there is a working way to rotate the xfce
>> screen like with 2007.2?
>
> the fbdev driver used does not support randr. the xglamo does, but it does
> not play well w/ tslib out of the box, someone posted a workaround
> recently making xglamo and tslib play together.
> i don#T know how reliable it is and inhowfar the calibration issue after
> rotation is solved.

I hope this problem will be solved in the near future so the desktop is
for better use on the neo.

> regarding suspend/resume: i use a 1gb sandisc sd card and have no problems
> so far -- i think the issues begin w/ card sizes >=4g.

I read somewhere that the problems were related to sdhc cards somehow. I
use a sandisk 8gb ultra micro sd which means, that this problem is
related to me. :/

I also read that the problems differ if the kernel is booted from the
internal nand or from the sd-card (rootfs is always on sd). But i can't
find any useable info on this behaviour.