OM2008.8, importing VCF contacts

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 16:46:52 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've been doing the following (same command, different directory location)

 export DISPLAY=:0

 LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/Qtopia/lib /opt/Qtopia/bin/addressbook
/home/root/addressbook.vcf

The problem I have is that I have to issue the second command for each VCF
file in my exported contacts folder.  Is this the only way, or can all VCF
files be imported all at once?  I have hundreds of them, so this is very
important.

By the way, I have also installed the openmoko-contacts application and
imported all files with one of the scripts on the wiki.  However, as the
alternate dialer doesn't work (can't get a lock on gsmd), I am stuck between
a rock and a hard place.  The 2007.2 version is better in one way - it lets
you create as many categories as you want, while the qtopia version only has
'business' and 'personal' categories.

Again, any pointers?