Problems booting

Gunnar AAstrand Grimnes gunnar.grimnes at dfki.de
Mon Aug 25 21:48:59 CEST 2008

After several weeks of waiting I've finally got my OpenMoko - it came
with 2007.02 which I've opkg update'd.

However, now it seems to have some trouble booting :(

Most times I turn on it will simply freeze on the first flash-screen,
booting into the nand or nord menus works, but they will both freeze
after "Starting kernel..."
removing power-supply+battery to turn off and trying again will usually
make it boot after about 5 attempts.

This happens regardless of the battery level.

I've had a cursory glance over the mailinglist archives and of course
googled, but not found anything. Is this a known problem? Or do I have
some weird hardware error?

Cheers!,

- Gunnar

--