Nokia wired headsets compatibility

Alberto Morales alberto.morales at galotecnia.com
Mon Aug 25 23:52:15 CEST 2008

Hi,

In this page at the wiki [1] describes the pinout of the headset
connector. It also says that the four-ring 2.5mm stereo jack is used by
motorola smartphones and the v-360. Both motorola smartphones and v-360
are very difficult to get in stores because v-360 is more than three
years old. I've spend today three hours in a dozen stores in my city and
i only found one, new but in very bad state, and very expensive (~25
eur).

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Headset

Some new nokia mobiles have the same kind of connector. This wiki page
[2] says that the nokia 3.5-2.5 adapters doesn't work, but says nothing
about nokia headsets. Some nokia headset model numbers with the same
plug are: HS-45/AD-54, WH-700, HS-44/AD-44, HS-47, HS-40. Have you tried
any of these on the Neo?

[2]
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_your_Neo_FreeRunner#Buttons_and_connectors

Thanks