USB host successes

Eli retracile at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 02:33:01 CEST 2008

On Monday 25 August 2008 07:01:00 pm Joel Newkirk wrote:
> I've been playing around with USB host mode for a couple weeks now, and
> wanted to itemize my results.  (previously touched on some of this in one
> of the USB keyboard threads and on my blog)  Any questions just ask, but I
> mostly envision this as a thread where we can post results of various USB
> hostmode tests. (to hopefully make their way onto the wiki after some
> consolidation, cross-checking, and editing)

Two data points to add to your list:

With Debian, I have an emprex USB keyboard working, model number 5139U.  With
2007.2 nightly build from mid august, it only worked on the console, and the
LEDs didn't light.  With Debian, it works everywhere, and the LEDs light up.

With 2007.2, I also got a USB 3.5" floppy drive to work, going through a
powered USB hub.  (I didn't try directly.)  It's the future! ;)

Eli