USB host successes

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Tue Aug 26 02:55:20 CEST 2008

David Samblas wrote:

> can you post model and where did you buy the ethernet adapter?
> thanks a lot
> El lun, 25-08-2008 a las 20:01 -0400, Joel Newkirk escribió:

>> I've been playing around with USB host mode for a couple weeks now, and
>> wanted to itemize my results.  (previously touched on some of this in
one
>> of the USB keyboard threads and on my blog)  Any questions just ask, but
>> mostly envision this as a thread where we can post results of various
USB
>> hostmode tests. (to hopefully make their way onto the wiki after some
>> consolidation, cross-checking, and editing)

The ethernet adapter is
http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fproduct%2FB000TUMBMQ&tag=joelnewkirk&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325
but while it works fine so far and is quite inexpensive, I'm not thrilled
with the construction quality.  (although I expect to be making alterations
anyway, the housing wouldn't stay together, and once it's removed the
ethernet jack is poorly anchored - clear housing plus clear tape makes
almost invisible fix until I get at it with the dremel tool ;)

ps - sorry if I mess up anybody's mail threading, but mailman only wants to
deliver from support list today, not community, so I'm reading via nabble
and replying via email :(