Third request: what *is* the warranty on the Freerunner?

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 26 03:57:27 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 18:43 -0700, tokenwizard wrote:
> I have one for you...
> I have been "using" my freerunner for about three weeks now. I ordered it
> and the Power/Aux and Aux/Power combos. I've tried these thing both with and
> without the AC adapter attached and after pulling the battery for about a
> minute.
>
> It seems as I have a dead phone now. I don't even hear that distinctive
> little hiss that you normally hear when you first press the Power button!
>
> Anybody seen this before??
>
> James

Id still bet on the battery - try another to confirm.  If the mains
adaptor doesnt work, does the usb help? - (did for me at one "event")

Ive seen the battery go flat in a couple of hours with the FR too hot to
touch

Ive seen occasions when plugging in USB it never went to 500ma charge,
and slowly discharged with only 100ma available which is less than the
FR running draw

Ive seen occasions where I plugged in the mains charger - and it didnt
charge, again flattening the battery further until discovered and
corrected.

Currently everything seems to mostly work as it should (uboot/kernel
updates!), but there is an element of randomness to when the next
affliction strikes!

BillK