BT keyboards with FR?

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Tue Aug 26 11:46:37 CEST 2008

Ben Holt <ben at computerdolt.com> writes:

> I am considering buying a portable BT keyboard to go with my
> FreeRunner and would appreciate hearing from anyone who is already
> using a BT keyboard

I'm using Debian with a dinovo mini and first of all I must say that
the mousepad on this keyboard is pretty awesome, though the keys are a
little strange (no ctrl on right side and no meta on left, f.ex) and
it's not really built for field use.

I still haven't set it up right, so I run a script at every boot :

modprobe hci_usb &&
modprobe ohci-hcd &&
echo 1 > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-bt.0/power_on &&
echo 0 > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-bt.0/reset &&

hidd --search

I need to press the connect button on the keyboard at every boot, so
need a solution there.

I do have problems typing in console, as it seems to just drop certain
characters. Really strange. In Xorg it works flawlessly.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m