2008.8 update

Marek Lindner marek at openmoko.com
Tue Aug 26 11:51:57 CEST 2008

On Tuesday, 26. August 2008 17:34:40 Yorick Moko wrote:
> Seriously, I appreciate all your efforts, but some things I just can't
> grasp: Why would any sane man remove items that provide useful
> functionality (the wrench, full qwerty) without providing an alternative??
> You guys know a lot of us want the full qwerty, and there are already
> very nice implementations (look at the raster-image) and you guys know
> that we will try to get it back; why not give us the choice?? The
> button to toggle from the original keyboard to the full qwerty one was
> perfect. Or just add an way to install it through the installer. Just
> like you know we want a terminal, and have added that to the
> installer.

Seriously, we can't you make your homework and find out yourself that there
_is_ a package to give you that button. Its called illume-config (not to hard
to guess) and installable via the installer. Why not simply using that choice
before ranting like mad ?
Next time, you also can do a package yourself - we happily include it.

Marek