2008.8 update

Marek Lindner marek at openmoko.com
Tue Aug 26 12:34:39 CEST 2008

On Tuesday, 26. August 2008 18:07:25 Yorick Moko wrote:
> Marek, installing that illume-config package was the first thing I did
> yesterday. It only gives the "qwerty" button in the upper left corner.
> I have not found a way to enable the spanner.

It should do both (as the description indicates). Please open a bug in our
trac if it does not work as expected.

> My apologies if I have offended you. I just want to understand why
> some good things were being left out at this stage. If you would give
> the reason to not use the keyboard like in the raster-image (or
> excluding  the full-qwerty.kbd) at this point it would help me very
> much in understanding it.

No offense taken. I simply would prefer a more reasonable feedback that we can
process.
General speaking, we don't want to exclude anything. To provide maximum
flexibility and freedom we want to move everything to packages. The raster
keyboard, the button, $whatever can be put into a package and shared with the
world. There is no need to wait for anyone (including Openmoko) to do that
for you. Just get your hands dirty and help increasing the choice.

Marek