GSM registration still takes time - OM2008.08 with Zecke-testing

Alexey Kurochkin alexey.kurochkin at pathfinderlwd.com
Tue Aug 26 15:52:24 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 13:19 +0200, Thomas B. wrote:

> You have both the dialer from OM2007.2 and the Qtopia dialer installed?
> Then that's probably why it takes so long for your phone to register to
> the network: OM-dialer depends on gsmd, but Qtopia has its own GSM
> stack, and the two are conflicting. So either remove Qtopia completely,
> or remove gsmd.

Both dialers are in repos and I bet a lot of folks will install them not
knowing that OM dialer really brakes things. Are there any instructions
how to fully remove OM dialer + gsmd or how to fully remove Qtopia to
fix it without reflashing? And why gsmd was replaced with qpe in the
first place? Is gsmd somehow bad/buggy/obsolete? If it is so, would OM
dialer will be ported to talk to qpe?