Debian Install failure: Hash Sum Mismatch

Nathan Kinkade nath at nkinka.de
Tue Aug 26 16:40:08 CEST 2008

2008/8/26 Joseph Reeves <iknowjoseph at gmail.com>:
> I've just got hold of a new (to me) 2 gig card that Debian fails to
> install on at almost the same point. I thought it might be a problem
> related with the anti-virus on our firewall getting a hammering, so I
> whitelisted the debian mirror and tried again, but it fails as before.
> I've downloaded a couple of packages and md5sum'ed them - the returned
> sums are correct, although I'm not going to go to the hassle of
> manually downloading all the packages that failed and copying them
> local to my phone.
<snip>

I post this here not a certain fix, but perhaps another road to go
down.  A friend and co-worker of mine was having problems installing
Debian as well.  He was getting CRC errors on package installs.  He
reduced the clock speed of the SD card down to something like only 10%
of it's original speed and the install finally worked.  I didn't get
from him how he lowered the clock speed of the card, but finding the
right place /sys involved something like "find /sys | grep clock".
Maybe this could help someone.

Nathan