Headset impedance

Thomas B. tommy.b at gmx.net
Tue Aug 26 18:07:26 CEST 2008

Hi,

I just bought a headset, and I'm wondering about impedance values. The
headset I bought says it has 16 Ohm impedance. Now I found that in
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2008-March/013792.html
joerg wrote that low impedance headsets will not work and that "40R
should be minimum impedance for the speakers".

Does that apply to my mass-production GTA02v5?

I haven't tested the headset yet, because I want to preserve my option
to return it to the shop and therefore have left it packaged until now.

So, are there any opinions on whether 16 Ohm is okay?

Regards,
Thomas