WLAN troubles

nickd blumph at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 02:08:32 CEST 2008

I've experienced the same thing as the OP. Running Windows as my hosts
means it's a pain to set it up as a router, so I connect via Wifi and
use it for everything. My solution is to put the following in my
/etc/network/interfaces under eth0:

up route del default gw 192.168.0.200

This will remove your computer as the default gateway and use the
wireless one when the interface is brought up. Sometimes it fails so
I've had to put it in twice (yet to look into this).

-Nick