ASU keyboards, again

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Wed Aug 27 01:55:48 CEST 2008

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:31:45 +0200 David Samblas
<dsamblasomcommunity at gmail.com> babbled:

> I have followed th Raster indications to install spanish dictionary and
> it works :)

fantastic! i never tested. including accented characters? like ñ etc.?

> Note to Ubuntu/Debian users, the compatible dictionaries are installed
> on /usr/share/dict/
> if you dont find your lenguage there do
>
> #apt-cache search wordlist|grep ^w|sort
>
> to show avaiable lenguages
>
> change wspanish for your lenguage
>
> #apt-get install wspanish
>
> and
>
> then
> # scp /usr/share/dict/spanish
> root at 192.168.0.202:/usr/lib/enlightenment/modules/illume/dicts/spanish.dic
>
> Avoid the shorting part because this dictionaries are already shorted
> and depending on the locales you will only messit

oh - you have to sort -f! note "-f". illume's dictionary code ASSUMES the dict
file is sorted IGNORING CASE. that means:

Aaliyah's
aardvark
aardvark's
aardvarks
Aaron
Aaron's
abaci
aback

your system linux dict is sorted INCLUDING case :) (capitals first, then
smalls). also remember.. make sure the file is UTF-8 encoded! remember UTF-8! :)

btw - not now, but a bit later, i am happy to accept contributions of dict
files to go into the core code and just be a default install - at least from
source (the .bb's for OE can split these dicts out into packages if you want)