Customize Debian image in a mini desktop

Ganesha Krishna ganesh.krishna at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 08:57:42 CEST 2008

You can re size the tray by _right clicking_* on the top bar and go to
properties. on one of the tabs there is a "minimum size" field. it should be
set to 300, change it to some thing smaller (I set it to 200). This should
bring up all the

*_right clicking_ :
We dont have a right click. one can get by most of the GUI without it, but
for situations like this, this is what I do

1. Run keyboard! (Everything will be revealed, just bare with me)
2. go to Xfce menu -> settings->mouse settings
3. select Left Handed !  Now all your taps become right clicks, woohoo.
4. Do you right click thing.
5. no tap on Right handed radio button, it gets highlighted
6. click space on the keyboard that you ran in step 1 to select right
handed. we are back to normal

If you have lost the key board in between just tap (Rclick) on the desk top
and xfce menu appears, tap on the menu a couple of times and they do open
submenu and you can run keyboard from under accessories.

  There could be an easier way to do this (of course there is a patch to
enable right click too I think).

Thanks
-GK