("stable") Update report

Olivier Berger oberger at ouvaton.org
Wed Aug 27 09:08:54 CEST 2008

Minh Ha Duong <haduong at centre-cired.fr> writes:

> What's most visibly new:
>  Battery icon when unplugged
>  red LED behind AUX button shines
>  more snappy (or is it because it's a fresh install ?)
>  repositories is online for update and community applications

Yeah, and keyboard useability, at last ! ;)

I upgraded too, and I, like you, like it much more now.

Congratulations, OpenMoko, the 2008/08/26 is what 2008/08/08 should
have been.

Listening to QA and users, and being less in a rush to release seems
much better.

I've updated http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om_2008.8 (and Downloads)
to try and complete installation / update details for this new
"stable" branch. I hope I got it right.

Maybe someone should try and see if the problems listed in
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om_2008.8#Known_Issues are still valid
for the stable updates ?

My 2 cents.

Best regards,