Repository and Images

Marek Lindner marek at openmoko.com
Wed Aug 27 12:28:55 CEST 2008

On Wednesday, 27. August 2008 17:08:34 Al Johnson wrote:
> Sounds good so long as the packaging stops people accidentally breaking
> things just by installing a package. The problem installing 2 diallers is a
> recent example where it didn't work. Also how will it handle the situation
> where different frameworks use differently patched versions of the same
> app? Tangogps springs to mind as an example that seems to be slightly
> different on GTK, FSO and ASU.

Obviously, you will be able to install 2 dialers if the dialers support that.
If not I suggest to add necessary dependencies tp the packages.

Don't consider this as something we completely designed and intend to push
over you. Feel free to make suggestions. I see this approach as a chance to
combine the different efforts on a single platform with the maximal user
experience. Instead of this feature is working on image X but not on image Y
which has feature Z running, etc.

> Is the mechanism for this in place, or still a work in progress? Are there
> any details available on how to use it?

Get in touch with our distro team to include your project. You can accelerate
the process by providing a working bb file.

Marek