OPIE on FreeRunner

Daniel Selinger slite at gmx.at
Wed Aug 27 17:41:26 CEST 2008

I dont know if this question ever raised, but is there any effort in
collaborating with the folks from OPIE [1]?
I know their Gui is designed for Palms and iPaks and looks a lot like
Windows Mobile.
But they have a lot of mature apps like their integrated PIM suite and,
networking support with plugins (wifi, ppp, irda, bt), todayscreen,
filemanager, package manager, viewers, ....

I have no technical background abount opie, if it is possible to
bring those apps and maybe even the gui to the freerunner. (I could
imagine zhone as a launcher icon inside opie [2] as it is on FSO).
Which would give us a really nice and somewhat grown up environment
which is already developed for mobile devices for a long time.

[1] http://opie.handhelds.org
[2]
http://opie.handhelds.org/gallery/main.php/v/opie12/desktop_small_highlight.png.html