Debian on the FreeRunner -- a few questions/solutions

Johannes Florineth florineth at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 18:19:23 CEST 2008

2008/8/25 Fox Mulder <Quakeman1 at gmx.net>

> Thanks, the g_ether module solves my usb problem.
>
> But the problem with the touchscreen is so annoying that i can't really
> use it with the new kernel. These few pixels that the cursor jumped
> below the position befor getting to the right position drives me crazy.
> And i can't type on the matchbox keyboard as good as before.
>
> I wanted to calibrate the touchscreen to see if this helps, but i can't
> find any useable calibration programm.
> I installes libts-bin which provides ts_calibrate, but when i try to
> start it i got an error message saying that it can't find ts_open. And i
> don't know by which package this programm is provided. :/

To calibrate the touchscreeen you must login into your freerunner and
execute following lines:

export TSLIB_CALIBFILE=/etc/pointercal
export TSLIB_CONFFILE=/etc/ts.conf
export TSLIB_PLUGINDIR=/usr/lib/ts
export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event1

then you can start ts_calibrate.

After the calibration restart your xserver

Greetings,
Johannes

> Ciao,
>     Rainer
>
> Johannes Florineth wrote:
> >

> > Johannes
> >
> > 2008/8/25 Joachim Breitner <nomeata at debian.org <mailto:
> nomeata at debian.org>>
> >
> >     Hi,
> >
> >     Am Montag, den 25.08.2008, 16:27 +0200 schrieb Fox Mulder:
> >     > Oh thanks, i just overlooked the modules file in the directory. :)
> >     >
> >     > After installing these modules package and comparing with the
> original
> >     > /lib/modules/2.4.24 directory i see that in the root all the
> modules.*
> >     > files are missing.
> >     >
> >     > I don't know if these files are needed or not so i looked in the
> >     > openmoko-qtopia-x11-image-om-gta02.tar.gz file and copied these
> files
> >     > from there to my new 2.4.24 directory.
> >
> >     Sorry, as arne said, running depmod should help
> >

> >     > But it seems that the kernel changes some things because while
> >     booting i
> >     > got an error that the usb device couldn't be set up.
> >
> >     I have hear rumor that is has been move to a module. Look for a newly
> >     appearing module in the tarball (by comparing the file lists), and
> try
> >     to modprobe that. If so, add the name to /etc/modules
> >

> > You must  load the module *g_ethe*r. Then you can start the network with
> > ifup usb0.
> >

> >     > Also the touchscreen seems to be a bit different. When i touch a
> point
> >     > the cursor jumps a small bit below this point and than goes to
> exactly
> >     > this point. But the click is recognized at the point below. So
> >     sometimes
> >     > i missed the keys on the matchbox keyboard.
> >
> >     No idea.
> >
> >     Greetings,
> >     Joachim
> >     --
> >     Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
> >     Debian Developer
> >      nomeata at debian.org <mailto:nomeata at debian.org> | ICQ# 74513189 |
> >     GPG-Keyid: 4743206C
> >      JID: nomeata at joachim-breitner.de
> >     <mailto:nomeata at joachim-breitner.de> |
> >     http://people.debian.org/~nomeata<http://people.debian.org/%7Enomeata><
> http://people.debian.org/%7Enomeata>

> > Johannes

Florineth Johannes

Student of electrotechnical engineering on the
technical university of Graz

tel.: +43650/5009048