Acoustic Echo Cancellation

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 18:55:49 CEST 2008

On Monday 25 August 2008, Florian Hackenberger wrote:
> I'd like to know the development roadmap regarding an echo cancellation
> module for the Neo. The speex AEC seems to be quite nice and may be
> useful for a little copy and paste. Is someone from OM Inc. working on
> the subject?

I assume you mean for GSM. I haven't heard anything about a roadmap for it,
but it had occurred to me as a possibility. The audio routing looks
possible - send the mic to the left ADC and the GSM output to the right ADC
to collect the signal, remove the echo from the mic signal and send it out
through one of the hifi DACs to the mono output. The GSM output can carry on
to the speaker, headset or whatever as it does now.